Monday 4 October 2021

Friday, October 1, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Through the Park

 

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once wrote “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.”

I see beauty in quiet and being solo can calm me down. It brings out the best in me. I believe also in more walking/less squawking.

There was an awesome number of people in the park today. Lots of activity. Picnics. Soccer balls chased by young boys and dogs. Basket ball hoops busy and guys dribbling, making popcorn sounds. Whatever happened to baseball? There’s a baseball diamond but that’s empty. Elderly folks are out catching the sun as they go at steady, slow pacing. The tennis court is full while the dog park area is full of running canines. Lots of motion, no commotion.

Everyone seems happy. No bickering.

That’s what parks are supposed to do – calm the passion in you. They are doing their dharma, duty.

I’m walking through this and feeling quite at home. I’m a monk and different in life-style, but I’m also one with this human fun. I see these folks, young and old, just moments, seconds away from the sport of kirtan. Simply the God-Presence needs inserting. What will it take to bring the more joyful aspect of Krishna in this green space? No, I really wouldn’t want to impose. For now, I’m content to walk through all this joy and let people get used to and love a monk and appreciate what he stands for.

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: