Sunday 8 August 2021

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Toronto General West Hospital

Day of Some Accomplishment

 

Kevin is on holiday so another physiotherapist tended to a session with me. Her response to the exercises and stretches are rendered was like Kevin’s reaction; most positive. Some new moves were given to me to put into practice until next week’s appointment.

 

I was lucky to get a ride in the first place by Karuna Sindhu. The return trip back to the temple was left to providence, or, to put it in a slightly different way, was a bold act to make it back on crutches. It would be only under 4 km. Anyway, that’s how I began.

 

Pedestrians and motorist were good, and looked out for me. After all I’m now a creature with four legs.

 

As I headed north, through shaded tree-lined residential streets, I took breaks at benches or municipal flower pot edges. As I came down Robert Street a thought came to mind, “Doesn’t my friend Jiva M. have a house nearby? one that he’s doing renovations on for selling the place?”

 

Within seconds I hear the rapping at the window of a house. I look to the left of me at the third-floor window of a Victorian house and there he was — Jiva with a surprised look. I beckoned him to come to the street level and from there he took me home. This is called “Service of a devotional kind.” Thanks Jiva.

 

I came back to my home to see the carpet was cleaned in the room I stay in. That was done by compliments of Vyasacharya. It’s his birthday today. What a great culture! The way to celebrate one’s birthday is to do some service for others.

 

May the Source be with you!

2.5 km


 

No comments: