Friday 13 August 2021

Saturday, August 7, 2021

High Park, Toronto

 

Three Questions

 

I was requested to attend a program I could not oblige myself to; still too much aggravation on the left knee. I cannot imagine myself being in a home with people or family all about, with a long trip there and back and committed to an extended time. The card deck was not stacked in my favour. I did compromise for a shorter stay and travel time to High Point for kirtan. Attendance was relatively small but just perfect for my condition.

 

A second kirtan took place in our backyard, or rather our front yard. As usual we set up our tiny kirtan band on an exterior staircase where pedestrians can hear and see us right at the corner of Avenue Road and Roxborough. Motorist with their windows rolled down also got a kick out of the site and sound.

 

One of our boys from the Toronto community came to visit. He popped in to introduce me to his girlfriend. “Finally,” I thought. You know I ask our young men this standard question, “So what’s happening?” Implying that they should honor their biological clock, get settled down and do the responsible thing, contributing kids to the world. I generally have three questions for young capable men of marriageable age:

 

1) “What’s happening?” Meaning did you find someone?

2) “When?” When is the day for tying the knot?

3) “How many?” Once the knot is tied, how many babies will you give to the cosmos?

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: