Sunday 8 August 2021

Monday, August 2, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

Delights

It was a delight delivering a class, over Zoom to Vancouver, this morning about the pastime of Krishna being charged by all his young friends for eating mridam (dirt). His buddies, including his older brother, Balarama, were building up a case against Him, which would lead to a chastisement from His mother. This conflict does from time to time arise in the spiritual realm. Then, what to speak of the hostilities of this mundane world?

 

The notion that no aggravation exists in the holy dham (place) is somewhat incorrect. Yet all apparent bad feelings are eradicated because Krishna becomes the centre of all in all spiritual circumstances.

 

One unique item came my way from David who lives in the countryside. I will now share with you what he forwarded to me.

 

A dialogue between child and grandmother from a Mongolian film:

 

Child: Will I be reborn as a person in my next life?

Grandmother: (laughs slightly) Come here. I’ll show you something. Pour rice onto a pin. When a grain of rice balances on the tip of the needle, tell me.

Child: (After pouring several handfuls). That’s not possible!

Grandmother: See, my child. That’s how hard it is to be reborn as a person. That’s why human life is so valuable.

 

Thank you, David, let’s hope we can act on this valuable life as a human.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: