Sunday 25 July 2021

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

My Cute Little Phone

 

Can’t seem to live without that phone. Even though I am incapacitated, or at least physically impaired, with my new knee trying to get comfortable in a foreign leg, which is right now restricting my movement. I do most definitely depend on this device to get things done. Put aside the heartwarming calls from well-wishers to my surgery recovery, the balance of hours keeps me tied to my little black companion that fits conveniently in my usual pocket although, for now, it’s affixed to a tripod next to my bed.

 

One of the great heroes of our tradition, Rupa Goswami, wrote about the great utility of using whatever you have in service of the Lord and that would be considered a gesture of renunciation. Our guru, Prabhupada, spoke about the useful tool of the microphone as a way to project the message of Vedic wisdom to an audience. How handy it is to have this broadcasting device to make a point; correction: many points.

 

I got a call in from Winnipeg; then trying to reach New York. Ireland is probably the furthest today for reaching someone out there. I contacted Vancouver. Florida was trying to reach me twice by two different people. Then I had a Zoom call with India, DC, Texas, Philadelphia and even Toronto. My goodness. Then there’s so many places via email; to the exclusion of the moon. Global destinations galore. How easy! But in all truth, I’d rather kick out my crutches, put on a pair of shoes and hit the trail; communicating in person and in nature. The day will come!

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: