Friday 30 July 2021

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

Results Will Come

 

“You’re one of the top five,” said the therapist at Toronto West General Hospital.

 

“Meaning?” I asked.

 

“Of the five years I’ve looked at knee replacement patients you’re in the top five for recovery.”

 

Well, that certainly made me feel good. I had mentioned I’m a monk, a walking one, and I wore down my cartilage. The reaction to the marathon walks I’ve done astounded the physiotherapist, as did the Vietnamese doctor and a local assistant from Canada. Yes, I had three guys look at the leg and give me new exercises to work on.

 

The left leg looks improved, the normal colour has returned. Swelling has gone down. And most definitely the knee is bending much better. For such improvement you listen to what your doctor says, follow directions and be a real live patient.

 

Spiritual life is like that. You admit to weakness, apply the process of healing and be patient for the results. So, in devotional life you gain sadhana, practices, sangh, which means keeping positive company and apply sastra, study of scriptures. When you have these three items in your life you’re good to go, provided it is all approached with sincere feeling.

 

Chanting, also, is a major factor in developing the heart towards a sensitivity that Krishna can accommodate. Chanting is a calling out for attention and love. It’s what we always need.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: