Friday 30 July 2021

Saturday, July 24, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

Leading to the Latte

 

Since the early hours of the day, they were forecasting a rain storm and I was encouraging the boys, including those who came to ‘Monk for a Weekend’, to get out there before the raging rains came. Well, they made it to High Park, to be more specific, for chanting.

 

Nick, who lives in that area of town, warned “It’s getting real dark here.” The clouds are thick. So luckily the team made it and, for the most part, evaded the rains that came later.

 

I was the jealous one. I’m just not fit enough to get around. However, I can say with pride that by the end of the day, the fourth day since surgery, I can walk and without the crutches. Of course, I can’t get too overconfident. But it was Madhava and Gabriel, who were watching me making my rounds about the circular decaffeinated coffee table, crutch free, hooray! Hare!

 

It was something to celebrate, which we did, with some adaptogenic elixir; a powdery turmeric ashwagandha mixed into almond milk. Lovely! Madhava kindly went to the store to acquire the almond substance and the intake of that extraordinary latte, Indian superfood, marks the end of his day. Mine was to linger on until I got tired.

 

The final real appearance of a serious rain happened quite late and it helped to soothe a wild mind. Summer rains can be magical as long as they have a way to drain and do not flood the earth. In doing the day’s inventory I can say I had lots of visitors on a one-to-one basis. “All good, man”, someone from Jamaica may say. I slept and woke up to the sight of wet streets.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: