Friday 30 July 2021

Monday, July 26, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

Moments of Liberation

 

The items of bhakti that I’m missing these days leave me in a mood of separation. Although healing, my replaced knee is still restricting my movements. Tomorrow I get the chance to feel a quaint notion of liberation by going down the stairs, with crutches, of course, for a trip to the Toronto West General for Physio. I did manage to make my way along the balcony, which opens up to the temple room. It was noon-time and I found myself sitting and leading a kirtan before the deities of Krishna.

 

From the elevation point the acoustics are just perfect. One level below me, one of the monks, Karuna Sindhu, was following to my lead on the harmonium. Though vastly distanced from each other, the sound came out so well. I began singing with pranam mantras to Prabhupada, our guru, then more praise to guru, then a mantra expressing five features of God and, finally, THE mantra, the great one addressing two features of the absolute as Divine She and Divine He; Radha and Krishna.

 

In general, I feel like I’m in a lockdown keeping the right leg raised for most of the day and at periods held down by a device for ice pack freezing, however, it is part of a healing process and I must learn my patience.

 

A year ago I was free as a bird and, along with another one of our priests, Ananda, we married Cameron and Katie in the forest. It is their first anniversary. We all felt free and non-restricted.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: