Tuesday 18 May 2021

Friday, May 14, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Pink Snow

 

It was nice to see Chris again. It’s been about a year since I last saw him cycling around. Wherever he spots me he pulls over and we chat. Chris is a Vedic person and has a guru, so we can exchange words like puja, which he does daily, and yoga, which he also spends an hour on each morning. He also said to me, when we shared a picnic table, “I now get up at brahma-muhurta.” He then quoted Sadguru, explaining what time in the morning that is. He’s dying to see when our temple opens again.

 

Jennifer, from our retreat, saw me and asked about walking adventures to which I responded that I’ll probably need knee replacements.

 

Thus, a fellow, a Middle Easterner, came over to where I was sitting near those crab apple blossom trees to ask a question. “What can you say about this lockdown and all the restrictions?”

 

“Since earth was formed, we humans have had to adjust. It has always been that way. Roll with the punches,” is what I suggested. I also added that pre-Covid was a troubled time — abuse of the planet and to each other. “Don’t you feel we’re up for some retribution?” He agreed.

 

The man who jogs an hour every day came over with a fresh new joke. Again, too long for my write-up here, but it was a good laugh.

 

The pink blossoms were shedding from the trees the whole time I sat and did chant. It was magical. Pink snow coming down.

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km

 

 

I am supporting the distribution of 50kg bags of rice in Navadvip and Mayapura, to families who are having it tough during Covid.




 

No comments: