Sunday 25 April 2021

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

Rama’s Day

 

Today was Rama’s day. We remember Him for his contributions to the world, being an ideal monarch or ruler; hard to find these days. He is also recognized for his being an ideal husband. It was always an unquestioned privilege that a kshatriya, who was a resourceful man, could accommodate several queens. But Rama was committed to one wife. He was firm about that, although Rama’s father served three queens.

 

Some controversy surrounding the incident where Sita, his loyal wife, was suddenly excused from life in Ayodhya’s palace and was sent to live in Valmiki’s monastery while she was pregnant. That has an explanation which requires some detail to explain, as outlined in The Ramayana.

 

I enjoyed the day, primarily because I gave two presentations; one for Toronto and one for Muskoka. I had some technical difficulties during the Toronto Zoom. I don’t know why this happens in my own home.

 

I also encountered a hurdle in going for a walk today. I’m told that if you walk at a park and sit at a bench that you can get fined. Although that ridiculous stipulation has been lifted, I failed to understand that it’s a sin to go out for some fresh air. Restrictions in Ontario are tough and I can understand the need for discipline, but please? Rama, help!

 

One person whom I spoke to today said clearly, “I’m not going to listen to the news. It’s too depressing.”

 

I can understand the frustration. Government, please give people some hope, some brightness to the day. Rama, please help! Government, media, offer the public some help! But no, you won’t encourage spirituality, not in 1 million years.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: