Sunday 11 April 2021

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

Sunny Spots

 

I’m receiving a lot of sympathy calls and mail. How sweet it is! Thank you all!

 

My peers do the same! Some of it’s fun, like the message I received from Devamrita Swami, regarding recovery:

 

“Some have written praying that you walk over the Covid. Other say no, “trample it.” I pray, Dance out of it, in your signature Vaishnava-Motown style!”

 

Thank you, dear Devamrita Swami. You lift my spirits.

 

Two more sunny spots of the day I’ll describe and brief. For a Halifax group I Zoomed in to deliver a summary on the second chapter of Bhagavad-Gita. A briefing of the summary went something like this:

 

“Arjuna, the warrior, is a broken-down-man; a nervous break-down really. He admits to his wise friend, Krishna, “I can’t do it!” Krishna won’t take that for an answer and retorts, “You have to, I’m afraid.” Let’s put aside frailties and tears. Gain your identity. Gain steadiness of mind. Ignore the senses. Follow those who are great. Here’s what you look for to detect the great.”

 

The second Zoom was to a Calgary group on the topic of Jesus & Haridas. Being that it’s Easter, Jesus comes into the picture. I drew some parallels to one of our saints, Haridas. Both were fearless during their arrests. Despite being tortured, they behaved like martyrs and also saved a prostitute in danger. Both were saints.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: