Sunday 18 April 2021

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

11:59

 

11:59 PM was the exact time I was able to come out of isolation. So, at this time, as Monday mellowed down, I opened the door, descend the indoor stairs, then the outdoor steps to get to the street level on Roxsborough. Of course, it was a liberating feeling after almost three weeks of isolation.

 

I enjoyed the peace. Some plants are abloom. Trees are budding. Winter chill is behind me. I can’t wait to see the daytime and see it all up close.

 

Yesterday I watched with envy one of our devotees, a family man, Mahabhagavat, reach our temple steps after a four and a half hour walk from his home, “It took a little longer than usual because I had him with me,” as he was pointing to his seven-year-old (my guess).  I was proud of both of them. Heroes for sure.

 

Today I spoke of the heroism of Ram. On a Zoom call, with a Boston Krishna group, we relayed the tales of Ram. I couldn’t resist reading, “Ram,” my poem. I quoted from Canto 9 of the book, Bhagavatam. We touched on the part where Ram becomes liberated from the fourteen year exile. He was homeward-bound to Ayodya after defeating the villain Ravana.

 

Of course, we understand Ram is not a conditioned person, not human, but superhuman; free from worldly issues. He’s God, essentially.

 

May the source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: