Tuesday 13 April 2021

Friday, April 9, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

Touching Truth

 

Oh, how I miss green! How I miss us — groups chanting together in that outdoor or indoor space. Every day I reminisce.

 

My isolation will end on the coming Monday but it still won’t be normal. Regardless, we learn from our guru, Prabhupada, that whatever the circumstance, make it bhakti-centric.

 

So, I do my best. I spent quite the time today clarifying an issue. It was rumored that I was taken to the hospital. The calls came in. There is nothing further from the truth. As long as we touch an element of truth in our day then there is an ounce of fulfillment for that day.

 

At 7 pm I conducted a class with the Stoufferville group. From The Gita, 4.2, we hear about the truth and importance of parampara; exploring the roots of truth. An admission that I expressed to the group is that I joined Krishna Consciousness because it had roots that go back thousands of years. Frankly, I would not have become a member of a group from the 60s on the basis of a charismatic leader. I needed a time-tested group of people to believe in.

 

Yesterday I was on a podcast with Dr. Raj Kalram and it was an interview focused on the richness of spiritual life. Raj asked great questions that touched on truth. More specifically we spoke about the joys of not only chastity but the celebration of spiritual practice and identity as well as the cultivation of one’s relationship with the Supreme.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: