Thursday 26 December 2019

Tuesday, December 24th, 2019

Etobicoke, Ontario

Coming to the Silent

Jaya and I had a Christmas (Krishnas) Eve dinner at Victor's place.  He made a typical Romanian salad.  Nupura, his friend, assembled a nice soup of rice, lentils and Italian spices.  The bread was a French olive bread.  Quite yummy!  Subtly-cooked brussel sprouts and broccoli added to the greens.  And Nupura offered the grande finale of the meal with a sweet potato halavah.

This meal, this kindness, made our day.  Lest we forget the kirtan which followed.  Victor's Persian cat just couldn't make heads or tails of our drumming, clanging and singing.  What is this?

Victor showed us his partial rock collection—stone specimens from Romania, Egypt and Italy.  They are stunning.  The amethyst I could recognize.  I guess you could say that Victor is a ‘rocker’.  Also a ‘rocker’ in the sense that he is taking the spiritual path more seriously than most others.  His friends don't understand why a cool guy would forsake booze and weed for God.

I recently cast him in our play, “The Gita" because he has the semblance of a fair-looking ksatriya (warrior).  I think he'll do well in that role, or service.

Jaya and I returned to our home, the temple ashram, and I suddenly realized I hadn't yet moved my legs in what we call ‘walking’.  So I went for an embarrassingly short walk.  (I was to participate in a conference-call with India).  

While out, I noticed how mystically quiet the streets were becoming.  Oh, yes, it's Christmas.  "Silent night!  Holy night!  All is calm.  All is bright!"

May the Source be with you!
2 km


No comments: