Sunday 8 December 2019

Monday, December 2nd, 2019


Calgary, Alberta

People are Important

Sanjaya had a successful business and his family was doing well.  Then ten years ago, he suddenly was hit by a stroke and hasn't been able to physically do much since.  It has put a strain on the family financially, and his good wife is working extra time to compensate. They do receive some income due to his disability.  He has had time to think over the misfortune and has come to a redeeming conclusion. "Had this not happened I would not be spiritual.  It brought me closer to Him," he told me. 

Today, Sanjaya received initiation into the spiritual family of Krishna, after going through some standard procedures set up for candidates.  He appeared to be a happy man, receiving the name Samadhi Das, and ending the fire ceremony with kirtan.  He wants to dance but can't.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B5nZ7A2A4jw/?igshid=sp9s7blne2y3

After the ceremony, I was driven to the home of a younger couple, Anuttama and Sweta.  Their lunch was phenomenal.  They know my weakness for asparagus and everything organic.  I sacrificed my allotted time for walking to talk to an inquisitive quest.  I hold the opinion that people are important and that at times, it is a cogent principle to forgo a regimen to answer to a human's needs. 

I can walk in the evening, I thought.  But evening crept up and demands were on to accommodate other people's needs.  I never did take that evening walk. 

David Schultz came by, at our earlier invitation.  He was the producer of the National Film Board's documentary, "The Longest Road" which features your humble self on an reenactment of my first walk across Canada.  Hello David!


May the Source be with you!
0 km


No comments: