Wednesday 16 October 2019

Tuesday, October 8th, 2019


Toronto, Ontario

From a Cold Bum to High Altitude

Our group of one dozen monks sat down at our regular class time, 7:30 a.m., this morning, to hear about Krishna’s daily activities from Canto Ten.  In some respects, they are much like our own.  The difference being, however, that we are recipients of positive and negative karma, while we Learn that Krishna’s transcendental nature finds no room for karma.  It is indeed interesting to compare tiny souls to the magnet we know as Krishna.

Before my flight to Frankfort, and then on to Chennai, India, I organized a kirtan at Bellevue Square Park.  I was eager for some blessing in the form of chanting and interacting with people.  It is a piece of our tradition, as well as in our blood, that chanting pleases Krishna.

Initially, a faithful five of us sat on the grass but in the shade.  The earth on the buttocks sent some cold waves up the legs and thighs.  We moved to the square’s highest elevation, more warmth by the sun, and with fewer trees.  That was better.

Okay, so I had made my way to the counter for Lufthansa Airlines.  I was asked for my passport.  I was so proud to present my spanking new passport.  But there was a problem, however. There was no visa for India stamped in there.  The airlines asked if I had my old passport.  No, I didn’t.  There, a visa is stamped with an expiry date of 2020.  Victor, my companion for this trip, was as surprised as I was.  I needed that visa.  I called the temple, my residence, to fetch my old passport.  Jay delivered it. Time was tight.   So much sweat!  I was the last passenger on board.

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: