Wednesday 9 October 2019

Sunday, October 6th, 2019


Dundas, Ontario

Back to the Bruce

Oksana, who grew up in Latvia, joined our small troupe of walkers.  The Bruce Trail, at the nine kilometre stretch we achieved today, brought memories to her of when she was young.  It was the vegetation of maple, oak, beech, spruce and pine, and the shrubs and wild flowers which reminded her of the past.

David, Pariksit and Jay were the other comrades.  ‘Sherman Falls’ was stunning.  One section of the trail veered off putting us in a loop.  Where did that white marker go that clearly demarcates the Bruce Trail?  That lost twenty minutes or so was not something we regretted in the least.  The tree canopies were so rich in colour and smell.  We adored the heights of these, our best friends, the trees.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B3TubzCAqNd/?igshid=1p1fgdhzllmtu

Blue jays, amongst all the birds, seem to dominate the kingdom of creatures in flight.  People, too, we found, were in greater numbers more than on any other length of the Bruce that we have ever experienced.  Was it the temperature of 19 degrees Celsius, the over-castness, the lack of mosquitoes, or it being Sunday that was the big draw?  Or all of the above?

By the time our quota of nine clicks was completed, I realized how fatigued I really was.  I went for a lie down on the grass.  I went to sleep fast for a mere seven minutes.  Thank you Krishna, for that. 

A park personnel in a white truck pulled up.  I was informed by the woman that I was drawing too much attention.  Well, I was a few metres from a rather busy road, Governor's Road.  "You are not allowed to sleep in the park," was her final conclusion.

Oh well, yesterday I ate some pumpkin pie on my birthday.  Today I ate humble pie.

May the Source be with you!
9 km






No comments: