Monday 28 October 2019

Monday, October 14th, 2019



Tirupati, India

Outside the Meetings

"We would like to do a short video, a promo, for Govinda's Restaurant, and we would like you to be the host," expressed this brahmachari monk from Pune.  Mahatma Priya Das is putting out a video every day, during his stay in Tirupati, to highlight the features of this very mystical destination.

I agreed.  The shoot was only one take.  I hope it works out.  https://youtu.be/5cekVUkoPCo

Today, I gave my third class to these new monks—about thirty-five of them.  The subject was: "Tales from Trails."  It is certainly a refresher for me.  I am forced to dredge up the memory of experiences along the path.

Kirtans are phenomenal in the temple room, and the month of Kartik has begun when dhiyas/ghee lamps are offered to the deities; in this case, their names are Radha Govinda.  I'm one to relish the class in the morning.  From Canto One, we hear of the meeting of Narada and Vyas, two well-established sages of devotion.

To my surprise, a new challenge came of a physical nature.  Humidity in heat really does get to me.  Even in Canada if I'm walking in heat, I encounter inflammation of my hands and feet.  The toes also get enlarged.  That, plus the massage at night with mustard oil, is creating a fiery situation and breaking up the skin.  On one toe, cracks appeared, and then blood.

One doctor advised (and I should have known this) to use coconut oil, as it cools.  Drinking sugar cane is not advisable.  Again the coconut comes to the rescue.  "Drink coconut water," said the doctor.

May the Source be with you!
5 km






No comments: