Sunday 9 June 2019

Saturday, June 1st, 2019

Toronto/Mississauga

Two Minds

I did a meagre three kilometre walk with partner, Karuna, along busy but shady streets. Much later, upon arrival at the home of Dharma and Manasi, my eyes walked over the words of Volume Two of Shamasundar’s book, Chasing Rhinos With the Swami.  Like his first volume of the book of the same name, the story of his capers with our guru is completely compelling.  I urge all to secure copies of these two masterpieces and read them.  They are available on Amazon.   https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Rhinos-Swami-Speerstra-Shyamasundar-ebook/dp/B076JKTG9L


May I share the opening to the Prelude:

“I’m of two minds: should I stay in the U.K. and deepen my relationship with George Harrison, remain behind, as his trusted guide, and keep him pumped up in Krishna consciousness?  Or should I take off on a wild adventure to India, a rhino chase with my spiritual master and the merry pranksters?  It was no contest, really.  First, it was Prabhupada’s desire that I join him, and second, we would finally see the land of Krishna, the source of the philosophy and culture that now shaped our lives.  But I was in great anxiety as we prepared for the trip.  Lord knows how long we’d be gone—and I was leaving George out there alone. How would he fare?”   https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNnU1KAzlY/?igshid=1dx31fqvpruvg

Thank you Shamasundar.  You keep me pumped-up with your writings which will define the time of pioneering bhakti-yogain the West.  And thank you for being a part of the making of good history.

May the Source be with you!
3 km

No comments: