Sunday 3 March 2019

Thursday, February 21st, 2019

Mississauga, Ontario

A Good-bye

I was on the phone with my dear godsister, Bhaktavasya, who is hospitalized, and has only hours to live.  It was my last time to read to her before my trip to India.

"What would you like me to read from?" I asked before I got started.

So I chose to flip the pages of Canto One of the Bhagavatam,to the Prayers of Queen Kunti, which are outpourings of love for her Lord and nephew, Sri Krishna.  Krishna is leaving, onto morelila (pastimes), and important business, and Kunti expresses some final words which offers her comfort, as it does Him.

After the reading, I said what I could for her safe journey, along the lines of appreciating her work for the mission, including fund-raising for our building on Avenue Road in Toronto.  I thanked her for her friendship and walking with me and others from Beacon Hill Park, the starting point of one of the cross Canada walks.

"Take care!  Hare Krishna!  You are loved!"

From that call I had to dash to Union Station to catch a GO train to Mississauga, for a gathering of bhaktiyogis concerning opening a children's weekend school. "Gita Ethics Learning" is the name of this educational venture.  We will then have a presence in this city focused on the youngsters for ultimate wellness.

Pray that we do well in this endeavour, for we live in a strange world where attention goes so much to self-centredness.

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: