Sunday 24 March 2019

Saturday, March 16th, 2019

Noida, India

My Only Walking

My only walking today consisted of the circumambulation of the Krishna deities of Radha Govinda.  If you do that too much at a certain speed, it could make you dizzy. I took breaks during this early time before full sunrise.  My host, or rather our host, is a monk from Maharastra, Lokanatha Swami.

He kindly arranged for a chair for me next to his, and in front of his chair was his laptop.  He sat me down and showed me what he does each day, during this time, at the computer.  Morning time may be good for pacing and getting the exercise in.  It is also ideal for chanting japa.  On his screen, he showed me all the people around the world who log into the japa chanting session.

"Here is someone from Mauritius, someone from New Jersey and look, you have a Deepakshi from Toronto."

"Interesting!"  I said to the Maharaja, indicating that technology has its advantages.  Certainly devices have a consuming effect on people. I don't have to ask our crew members of the drama about their time being occupied in some cyber way.

A matinee performance was attended by Lokanatha Swami, along with students from various schools, their teachers and members of the media.  Also, my evening was again pleasantly teamed up with the Swami at a newly-opened centre for bhakti in Greater Noida.  I was driven to the site, and as I opened the door, a shower of flower petals came quite consistently down upon me all the way to the entrance of the building.  The community was enthusiastic and they seemed to soak in my message from the Gitahttps://www.facebook.com/IskconTempleNoida/videos/1989718328004489?sfns=mo


May the Source be with you!
3 km

No comments: