Monday 19 November 2018

Wednesday, November 14th, 2018


Buenos Aires, Argentina

Time in the Basement

“How are you doing?” asked Seva Kunj in the midst of our play practice.  He could have asked me that in Spanish.  That’s the least I know.  My Spanish is poor.

“So far, so good!” I replied.

“I wish we had a saying like that in Spanish.”

“You don’t have?” I asked with curiosity.

“No!”

And so the whole day rolled out with trying to direct the drama through a Spanish/English medium.  We have scripts for “Many Mothers, Many Fathers” in both languages, but it becomes very time consuming utilizing both languages, though necessary.  Already the hours are long—10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with a half-hour break for lunch.  No complaints. It’s all done in His service.  After all, it’s a drama with a spiritual message.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.

In fact it was before 10:00 a.m. while having breakfast with Godbrother Virabahu that we both reflected on our good fortune in having a spiritual life.  I asked him, “Where would you be if you didn’t live consciously?”

“I don’t know where I’d be.  I can’t imagine.”

I added, “I probably would have jumped off a bridge.”

He raised his eyebrows when I said that, as if to personally concur.  Yes, we are grateful for our work, even though it’s hard at times.  He expressed some of his administrative challenges “where you often detect the dark side of spiritual life,” he said.

Admiringly I replied, “You sacrifice a lot.”

For myself I put no time into walking today…. Just too dead by the end of the day.

May the Source be with you!
0 km


No comments: