Monday 5 November 2018

Tuesday, October 30th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Fun People

“Hey, can I… … …?” asked the tall and stocky guy.

“I’m sorry, can you say that again?” I asked, trying to hear over the traffic noise.

“Yeah, can I rub your bald head for some good luck?”

“Sure,” I said, “go ahead.”  

He proceeded to do so, and then went north on Yonge.  He got his thrill.  I was standing and talking to someone at the time and he was surprised at the casual request and gesture.  Of course, Kunal, who is from India (not so long ago) wouldn’t see that kind of interesting behaviour from where he came from.  He’s conservative.  For me, I don’t care for everyone to be so stiff.  A little bit of frivolity on my dome can’t hurt anyone.

I continued on with my journey, and on my return back to the ashram, a woman with two pet dogs stopped and had another question.

“Where’s your pouch?”  She noticed I was chanting on my beads without them being in a pouch.

“I like to advertise my beads, but here is my pouch,” I said, as I showed her the cloth bag that usually bears my beads inside.  Actually my cell phone is the present content.

“On each bead I chant a mantra,” I said as I handed her my mantra card.  “This mantra is so powerful that it can purify your existence.”  

The woman’s eyes widened.

“Yes the mantra has a potency that, when uttered, it can cleanse even the hearts of your dogs.  So, you might like to try it on for size!”

“I will,” she said.

May the Source be with you!
5 km


No comments: