Wednesday 14 November 2018

Tuesday, November 6th, 2018


Brampton, Ontario

Mouth and Feet

Leaves were swirling in the air and the winds were fairly high, compared to most days, as I was footing my way along Dupont.  Kate and Gaurachandra had dropped me off at one of the malls along Dupont where they would pick up fresh ingredients for constructing some wraps.

“I’ll walk back to the ashram from here,” I said.  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4R5xogTqW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ki6otktdx29p

While walking, I was contemplating the visit I had just made to my dental clinic in Brampton, where some ‘teeth work’ was done.  These mouths and teeth get satisfied with a good veggie wrap and so many other edibles.  They are also used for communication—of good messages, hopefully.  

I also reflected on the series of verses from the Gitathat our morning group has been reading. For instance, Chapter 3 Verse 11, which I read to the others at 5:00 a.m., goes like this in the purport: “By performance of sacrifice, one’s eatables become sanctified, and by eating sanctified foodstuffs, one’s very existence becomes purified; by the purification of existence finer tissues in the memory become sanctified, and when memory is sanctified one can think of the path of liberation, and all these combined together lead to Krishna consciousness, the great necessity of present day society.”

So there you have it.  Our mouths are meant for sanctified food (prasadam) and it puts us in a better place. Thinking of food, I decided to make a neighbourly stop at the corner of Dupont and Bathurst, in Toronto, at the ‘Annapurna Restaurant,’ just to say hello.  Out of the pot-washing back room emerged Patrick, whom I’ve known for years.  He pulled away and walked a few blocks with me, through the swirling leaves.  Nice guy.  It’s always a bit hard to maintain cohesion, though, when talking.  Bless him.

May the Source be with you!
5 km


No comments: