Monday 26 November 2018

Tuesday, November 20th, 2018

Argentina / Canada

Go! Geronimo!

Seva and Camila were the great couple who saw me off when I was departing back to Canada. Once boarded, I would occasionally take a peek at the screen indicating what, geographically, our flight was soaring over.  For a while it was indicating we were over the Amazon, then the equator, the Caribbean, Florida and so on.  We were forging ahead.

I reflected also on one of my favourite renderings of art displaying Krishna and Arjuna on a chariot with horses in full ‘charge’ mode.  “Move forward!” it seems to say. “Leave maya, illusion, behind.”  A massive blow-up of this piece, by artist Baradwaj, adorns the wall by the entrance gate at the temple in Buenos Aires.  It is powerful.

When I was a kid it was common to do a war cry, when imitating an attack on an ‘enemy’, and to yell, “Geronimo,” the name of the great Apache leader from the New Mexico area.  “Geronimo” was also a cry used by parachuters in American movies to denote they were jumping out of a plane. 

When I see that picture of Krishna, the wise man, and Arjuna, the warrior, in that progressive stance, I get very inspired.  There are many reasons, these days, for disappointment and depression. It is in those times of discouragement that we must conjure up some profile or image that does it for us.  It is a duty or dharmathat must be done, and so do it with a gusto, as if to say, “Geronimo!”

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: