Monday 12 September 2011

Saturday, September 10th, 2011

Black and White Assessment

Miami, Florida

I was a coward today for not walking (as the heat was so intimidating). I was a hero for rising early despite fatigue after resting late. I was a coward for not asking if two visiting senior god-sisters were being well tended to. I was a hero for giving class from the Bhagavatam for a second day in a row. I was a coward for eating slightly more than needed. I was a hero for flying back home on the eve of 9-11’s 10th anniversary. I was a coward for not pulling out a weed in the temple garden although I passed by there several times. I was a hero for extolling the glories of an heroic king Prthu who was part of our discussion in the Bhagavatam class. I was a coward for not thanking sufficiently those who cooked and served my meal. I was a hero for taking four showers today and keeping at least externally clean. I was a coward for not being attentive enough to my mantra chanting. I was a hero for being the time keeper to a meeting. I was a coward for using a word too harsh or extreme in accusing someone. I was a hero for serving cool papaya juice to two senior god-sisters. I was a coward for boasting about it.

1 comment:

Vrajadhama said...

PAMHO,

You are always a Hero in our eyes.