Thursday 31 March 2011

Tuesday, March 29th, 2011

Eyes/Soul

Toronto, Ontario

The sun shone again which attracts shades, as in sun glasses. You wouldn't catch me wearing them with my robes on. Not that there is anything wrong with these eye blockers but such a pair of these black eye specs don't go with the rest of the monk's get up, in my opinion.

While walking Marlborough St., near the ashram, a woman did catch my eyes as I make it a habit for eye contact as much as possible and this then is my opportunity to greet and offer a gesture of good will. She was pushing a stroller with her baby in it. Since she tinted her view of everything with her sunglasses I could not catch those eyes which is often perceived as the reflection of our shining soul.

Before I had the opportunity to nod in acknowledgement of her presence on this quiet street she broke into a big smile and that smile told me that here is another way of reflecting the soul. I mirrored my smile in return and that alone made a communication complete. "Two souls met," I guess you could say. This was gratifying. She approved of my garb and my lifestyle. Somehow there was a mutual acceptance of each other's spirit.

Earlier on in the day I had spoken to a group of students from Silverthorne Collegiate. We spoke about the eyes being a doorway to the soul's reflection. These young men really appreciated the remark although not new to them. I got to thinking after that nothing can bar the soul's perception really. It is what we are - glorious and glowing.

20 KM

No comments: