Friday 30 July 2010

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

Today’s Impressions

Toronto, Ontario

Today I absorbed in hearing and reading the things of the day that impressed me the most. David Ellis, a friend who occasionally visits the temple’s dining lounge called Govinda’s, relayed to me that he has begun a 9.5 Km run everyday.

I read in one of those small daily newspapers called “24 Hours” that according to a poll opinion amongst Canadians that 54% believe the Islamic burqas should be banned in the country with 73% of people in the province of Quebec agreeing so.

One thing I heard orally that didn’t necessarily impress me but stressed me is that two of our principle dancers in a soon-to-be performed “Krishna: The 8th Boy” drama had to bow out because of other commitments imposed upon them.

The thing which mostly grabbed my attention is a quote from a book, “Into the Mystical”, a recent release by a dear friend, Robert Taylor (aka Bhumadev). Here’s the excerpt about his own personal soul searching.

“I perceived, with exceptional clarity, that the self could not possibly be a product of matter – that I, the observer of the outer world, was in fact a pure conscious spiritual being inhabiting the ever-changing material frame. This is eloquently expressed by the Jesuit philosopher Teilhard de Chardin in his immortal saying, ‘I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.’ “

3 KM

No comments: