Wednesday 17 March 2010

Monday, March 15th, 2010

Mostly Bright

Gatineau, Quebec

The sun’s rays penetrated through the window pane and provided warmth to one of the most glorious Tulasi plants I’ve ever seen. It was very green, and very round. The gesture - the arms of the sun reaching out and crowning the dome of the sacred green was the perfect union.

I had scouted the area at this edge of the Gatineau Hills. It was new territory for me. There was a great Monday morning air and as mentioned, space was sun filled.

As traffic whizzed by at certain stretches of my whimsical route, I felt an ache of compassion fore them – the rushers. My life is simple (tres simple). I walk and give 2 hours to talk with Him (or try). I do it in the sun and in soft wind. There is little care or worry for me except empathy for the passionate faces I see.

It’s a new week started and the agony begins for the rushers. It’s a 52 cycle program, not necessarily nice. It’s a hustle and a monotonous routine for most.

Back in the home with the window pane and the Tulasi green where our three man party rested overnight, Jean Claude was host. He really laid the hospitality on thick with fig pancakes, chickpeas in yogurt and turmeric milk.

For the drive west we broke up our journey, parked the car and stretched legs on an ascending/descending dirt road near Norwood. Cedar scent, intense red dogwood branches set within snow, melt down water gushing forth were sensations as our legs thrust us forward and then back to the car. Spoiled city boys we are.

Now back in T.O. (Toronto) I met Viasesika for his last day with us. He presented his last major devotional charm at a satsang gathering before heading home south. He has contributed much for the hype of bhakti which is the essence of life. I really appreciate his coming on this bright day.

9 KM

No comments: